Short Sale Benefits Include…
Avoid Serious Credit Damage
Fast, Simple Sale Process
No More Mortgage Payments
No Home Repairs Required
Why Opt for a Short Sale?
Are you considering a short sale? A short sale may be approved if you can no longer pay the mortgage on your property. The lender may opt to accept an amount that’s “short” of the total amount due on your loan.
In addition to enjoying benefits in terms of your credit rating, a short sale offers other benefits too. In fact, there are programs that offer an incentive for opting for a short sale.
One program that most people qualify for is called HAFA (Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives) and the amount the lender is giving homeowners as an incentive to do a short sale is $10,000.
Who is eligible for a HAFA short sale?
You may be eligible for a Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives (HAFA) short sale if:
- Your took out your first mortgage before January 1, 2009
- Your first mortgage is past due or you believe that you’ll be delinquent on a mortgage payment soon (the loan can be current to qualify for a short sale)
- Your property has 4 units or less (properties with more than 4 units are not allowed under the HAFA short sale program)
- The lender on your home is not FNMA or Freddie Mac
- You do not have an FHA loan
If you’re considering a short sale, Kristine Zelazo — the Short Sale Gal — is here to assist! You’re encouraged to complete Kristine’s home sale form to get started or call 800.664.0616.